Wednesday, January 7, 2015

100+

I made it! Ok, so my book is not anywhere near completion, but I've finally met my original goal.
About 3.5 years ago I set out to transform a bizarre dream I had into a novel. The goal was a 100 page word document single book. As I constructed it I quickly realized that it would be three books, not one. Then, as I added parts, the 100 page goal turned into a 170 page maximum (I can't let the word count get out of hand).
So today, 7th of January, I sit with my partially completed novel: 100 pages of glory and 67,391 words. By the end of June I'm hoping to write the final words to my novel and begin the revising/editing process. I have yet to make a deadline, so I'd best be off. My next goal is to meet the final deadline I've set for my book, and it shouldn't be unobtainable.

175 days to conquer about 70 pages worth of material. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment